The queues forming outside Northern Rock made for striking images evoking memories of bank runs past, but they may be consigned to the history books after the introduction of a new payments scheme which will allow people to make near-real time payments direct from their bank accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Dubbed "Faster Payments", the new payments service will deliver payments in "near" rea
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations