The projections, which are revised every quarter, show five of the 17 committee members predicting a contraction. Two expect the economy to shrink by 0.9% to 1% next year, one sees a contraction of 0.8% to 0.7%, and two 0.2% to 0.1%.
The FOMC comprises five Fed governors and the presidents of the 12 regional Feds. The proj
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession