Cathy Minehan said the sluggish job growth over the past four years is due to "some combination of structural change, higher benefit costs and uncertainty about the future."
She said in her remarks that uncertainty may be the key factor. The move of jobs offshore by corporations appears to be less of a factor than portray
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS