"At 2.25 percent, the interest rate of the European Central Bank remains very favourable to growth," Quaden said.
"It is absurd to think that such an interest rate could kill growth," Quaden said.
Quaden appeared to back this scenario, saying the bitter lessons from past inflation spikes have n
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms