"At 2.25 percent, the interest rate of the European Central Bank remains very favourable to growth," Quaden said.
"It is absurd to think that such an interest rate could kill growth," Quaden said.
Quaden appeared to back this scenario, saying the bitter lessons from past inflation spikes have n
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms