"Holding the stance of policy steady for a time makes sense to me," said San Francisco Fed President Janet Yellen in prepared remarks to an independent bankers' group in California.
She described current interest-rate policy as "moderately restrictive," saying it is appropriate as officials try to temper inflatio
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms