The Kuwaiti dinar is now pegged to a basket of currencies dominated by the American dollar, Gulf Daily News reported.
The change came in a decree from Kuwait's ruler published in the official Al-Kuwait Al-Yowm."
The Central Bank governor will fix the exchange rate "according to the requirements of the national economy," the gazette said.
The measure is in line with a GCC plan to achi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations