Most analysts expected the 10-member MPC to cut interest rates either in Mar 2001 or April 2001 after inflation fell to 6.6 percent in Feb 2001 from 8.5 percent in Dec 2000. The MPC aims to curb inflation
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?