The ECB president used some of his strongest words when asked at a European Parliament committee about the growing role of the euro as a reserve currency and China's huge stock of foreign exchange reserves.
"Orderly smooth and slow transformation is probably what is appropriate," Trichet replied.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde