Bending the rules is ``not acceptable with a view to the credibility and stability of the euro,'' German Finance Minister Peer Steinbrueck said at a press conference after an EU meeting in Luxembourg on Tuesday.
Pressure has been mounting on EU leaders to loosen the rules since June, when they rejected Lithuania's bid to join the euro until the government
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde