International Monetary Fund Managing Director Horst Kohler issued the following statement today after the election of Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva to the presidency of the Federative Republic of Brazil:
"The strong electoral result is another affirmation of Brazil's vibrant democracy and presents the President-elect with an historical opportunity to meet the economic and social aspirations of the people
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?