Alongside the governor and managing director will now sit three, rather than two, deputy MDs. This should allow decisions to be taken more quickly and in a more transparent manner, La Stampa said.
Managing director Vincenzo Desario is standing down early from his post and will be replaced by Fabrizio Sac
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say