Alfred Gusenbauer, Austria's chancellor, announced the appointment on Wednesday. Nowotny told Reuters, a media agency, that it was "a great honour and great challenge" to follow Liebscher.
Liebscher is retiring at the end of August after a decade-long stint as head of the central bank. He joined in 1980 as a member of the executive board and has also ser
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?