Sorsa succeeds Peter Stella, who has held the post since 1998. Sorsa joined the IMF in 1994 and is head of IMF's mission to Honduras. Previously, Sorsa worked at the World Bank.
Peter Stella has been in Bulgaria since the beginning of 1998. Ms Sorsa has been working for the IMF since 1994 and is currently deputy head of the IMF mission in Honduras. She has been member of the IMF missions in Algeria, Bulgar
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank