Fukui was asked at a press conference if he was concerned by the defeat of legislation to begin privatizing Japan Post, the centerpiece of Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's economic reform initiatives.
'Public-sector reform is crucial for the development of the Japanese economy,' the central bank chief said. But he added that he sees no short-term
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair