The Norges Bank welcomed the move, saying in a press statement on its website "that the communication of Norwegian monetary policy may be facilitated with the government now quantifying an inflation target, in line with international practice."
Analysts said the decision would give Norway's central bank more leeway to cu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde