In an interview in Il Sole 24 Ore after last week's ECB council meeting, Issing said the ECB considers interest rates are at an 'appropriate' level.
'Recently, we have seen a series of positive signals. I wouldn't give too much importance to specific data. It is the combination of positive signals that is encouraging,'
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit