Chon's four-year term ends March 31.
The announcement came after Kim's cabinet earlier Tuesday approved Park's nomination. Although the central bank runs independently from other government agencies, the president selects and names the governor.
Park has "broad knowledge and rich experiences" in the fields of finance and macr
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase