A Reuters survey of 43 economists and foreign exchange traders had predicted the bank would maintain rates in an effort to protect the peso currency.
In recent days, the peso has fallen close to its historic low of 719 to the dollar because of the global slowdown and worries about market reaction to Brazil's presidential elections
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde