Europe's leading banks will move a step closer to a cashless society today when they unveil plans to turn mobile telephones into credit cards.
If the recommended technology - supported by mobile makers Nokia, Ericsson and Siemens - catches on there will be no more fumbling for change at the till. Instead, a
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows