Donald Kohn, who is a member of the Fed's board of governors, said the central bank had begun lifting rates almost a year ago as the US economic expansion gathered strength and the potential for inflation increased.
"We have not yet finished this task," he said in a video conference broadcast to an Australian Business Economists function in Sydney.
"The federal funds rate appears s
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory