"The central bank will not introduce new measures," Tarisa said in Bangkok. "We have been successful in weakening the baht."
The central bank imposed rules this week in an effort to weaken the currency amid concern that its strength would slow exports.
Finance Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula said separately Friday that he was "satisfied
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré