'There is great room for further development of debt capital markets,' Zhou, governor of the People's Bank of China, told a business conference.
Zhou did not initially elaborate on any plans for market development but so far the stock market has been the focus of China's capital market plans.
Beijing has been trying to expand the use of corporate debt.
China has also added short selling of
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting