'There is great room for further development of debt capital markets,' Zhou, governor of the People's Bank of China, told a business conference.
Zhou did not initially elaborate on any plans for market development but so far the stock market has been the focus of China's capital market plans.
Beijing has been trying to expand the use of corporate debt.
China has also added short selling of
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit