Brazil's central bank workers went on strike today to protest President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva's plan to cut pension benefits for public servants.
About 15 percent of the bank's 4,600 workers nationwide walked off their jobs, said
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn