Central bank Governor Wilson Kamit attributed this "major achievement" to the prudent management strategies and guidelines enforced on the Bank of Papua New Guinea [BPNG] management by its board of directors.
The BPNG board approved the dividend to the government as 50m kina after a transfer of 18m kina to the reserve fund
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS