Sir: I must take the strongest possible exception to the accusation that the IMF contributed to the crisis in Niger ("IMF and EU are blamed for starvation in Niger", 1 August).
The country is facing severe crop shortfalls because of a lengthy drought, limited irrigation, and a plague
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro