Sir: I must take the strongest possible exception to the accusation that the IMF contributed to the crisis in Niger ("IMF and EU are blamed for starvation in Niger", 1 August).
The country is facing severe crop shortfalls because of a lengthy drought, limited irrigation, and a plague
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase