The Wall Street Journal newspaper reported on Friday that the board of Temasek, which invested $4 billion in Standard Chartered last year, had preliminarily approved the deal.
Merrill Lynch wrote down $8.4 billion-worth of mortgage
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn