The Bank of Korea is to tap the Federal Reserve for $4 billion as part of its $30 billion swap arrangement agreed at the end of last month.
The Korean central bank will use the funds to meet demand for dollars in the local market.
The auction for the dollar loans will take place on 2 December. The loans, which will mature on the last weekend in February, will be valued on 4 December.
The minimum bid amount will be $1m, the maximum $600m. The central bank will announce the minimum bid rate nex
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling