In an editorial published in Monday afternoon's edition of Le Monde, Almunia said the single currency is the target of populist and political declarations.
"This attitude is dangerous, unjustified and unfair," Almunia said.
"At the same time people are accusing the euro of being a source of inflation, they are compl
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system