The fall, from 7.1% for the year to June, comes on the back of a sharp slowdown in agflation.
The result has led some analysts to predict that the People's Bank will loosen its monetary policy stance. It adopted a tight stance late last year and has raised its reserve ratio five times in 2008 to 17.5%.
Food prices are still rising rapidly - by 14.4% year-on-year. But this is way down on the 23.3% figure reco
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré