"We must point out the (inflation) risks, and we must act to eliminate these risks," he told journalists following a speech.
He said the main inflation risks for the eurozone come from strong economic growth, oil prices and the tightening of the labour market.
"We cannot rest on our laurels of the past eight years," he said.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde