The Hong Kong Monetary Authority announced Wednesday it will set up a trading band on the Hong Kong dollar, with a floor of HK$7.85 to US$1 and a ceiling of HK$7.75.
Joseph Yam, the HKMA's head, said the move was aimed at discouraging buying of the Hong Kong dollar on speculati
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde