With mortgage rates at record lows, retails sales increasing and even the relentless increase in jobless claims taking a break, Roger Ferguson, the vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve, said yesterday that the U.S. economy is proving to be more resilient than expected.
"As testimony to the resilience of the American spirit, the immediate impact of th
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?