"We anticipated a certain impact for the (stock) market. But we didn't expect it to be this much," central bank governor Tarisa Watanagase said in an interview with the Bangkok Post.
With the stock market losing 23 bln usd on the day, Finance Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula backtracked on the capital measures.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations