John joined the Civil Service in 1974 working in the Department of Employment. He moved to Treasury in 1979 and worked on employment and energy policy before becoming Private Secretary to the Chief Secretary.
Between 1984 and 1986 John was seconded to
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS