Japan could suffer a financial crisis "at any time" unless its shaky banking sector was fixed, central bank governor Toshihiko Fukui warned yesterday.
"Japan faces a situation where a so-called financial crisis could be triggered at any time," Fukui told a parliamentary committee.
"Japanese financial institution
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot