Federal public prosecutors, who requested the investigation, say Mr Meirelles' personal wealth was incompatible with the tax returns he has filed since 1996. They also charge him with electoral fraud.
Mr Meirelles was elected to Congress in 2002 and was then appointed to head the central bank by Presid
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde