An official decree sanctioning the move as of 1 January 2003 was issued in this week's official gazette, ending Kuwait's 27-year-old policy of linking its currency to a basket of currencies dominated by the dollar. The Japanese yen and the euro are also main components of the basket Gulf Daily News reported.
"The decision by the government is very clear
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power