Zhou Xiaochuan, the governor of the People's Bank of China, has pledged to act speedily and forcefully to prevent a slump in confidence during the financial crisis.
"If we act slowly and less decisively, we're likely to see what happened in other countries: a slide in confidence," said Zhou in a press briefing in Beijing on Friday, adding: "In particular, we have to prevent being too slow-handed or light-handed in responding. We must err on the side of being quick and decisive."
He said that th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey