The selection procedure for New York Fed chief is regarded as a long and arduous process, exemplified by the nine-month gap between McDonough's departure and Geithner's appointment. However, such a gap this time around would be unthinkable given the current crisis.
Geithner, who has headed the central ba
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations