Skrzypek, 42, had no background in monetary policy or banking before his appointment to the board of the state-dominated Bank PKO BP in December 2005. He is currently the bank's acting president.
The nomination comes after economist Jan Sulmicki withdrew his candidacy in mid-December less than two days after being nominated to head the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession