The governor of the National Bank of Poland (NBP) Leszek Balcerowicz has said that the central bank's independence is threatened following the adoption of an amendment that would require the NBP to print money. "A central bank should be independent, exactly in order to defend a healthy currency, without being obliged to print money," he said.
Polish Central Bank Governor Leszek Balcerowicz says the bank's independence is "threatened" by an amendment adopted a day earlier by the parl
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
Back to Top