Yu Shyi-kun, secretary-general to President Chen Shui-bian, said a panel with 35 members has been set up to prepare the way for an economic advisory body, after Chen called in May for a task force to tackle the island's troubles.
Taiwan's economic growth slumped to its slowest in 26 years in the first quarter and many economists see little improve
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde