Christopher Allsopp, an external member of the BoE's nine-member Monetary Policy Committee, said greater symmetry in inflation targetting had worked well in Britain and could be applied across Europe.
A symmetrical inflation target focuses on a specific level of inflation and deems any undershoot as bad as an
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory