With the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) federal funds target at 1% and the effective federal funds rate at 0.52% on Monday, the Fed has little room to cut rates further to boost aggregate demand and ward off deflation.
Bernanke on Monday acknowledged that the scope for rate cuts to support the e
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations