NETHERLANDS - Dutch officials confirmed yesterday that 250,000 euros was snatched by a masked man from a bank in Amstelveen, near Amsterdam, shortly after a consignment was delivered on Monday. Five previous robberies in recent months, two in Italy and three in Germany, have also been recorded.
The robbery followed the arrest of a German man for allegedly stealing 1.2m from his own armoured truck: the biggest known theft so far of the new currency. That was probably the origin of the 5 note us
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
Back to Top