Turkey's central bank vice governor Erdem Basci has been appointed acting governor of the institution, following the end of Sureyya Serdengecti's term as governor, Turkish Daily News reported.
The Minister of Economy Ali Babacan approved the selection and sent the decision to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan for approval. President Ahmet Necdet Sezer must also approve the decision. If Basci's candidacy is finalized, he will move on to be the youngest central bank governor in the country's h
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde