The profit comes after the distribution of 1.51 billion euros to the 12 euro-zone national central banks on their claims related to foreign-reserve assets. The ECB's regular income derives primarily from investment earnings on its holdings of foreign-reserve assets and on paid-up capital of 4.1 billion euros.
In 2001, the ECB earned total net in
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market