From the London Financial Times, 23 January by Mark Nicholson in Kabul
Mr Fitrat also undertakes this unenviable task at the helm of a resourceless central bank. Before they fled Kabul in November, Taliban leaders ransacked its last pitiful reserves, running off with $5m (GBP3.5m
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?