His appointment ended a period of political wrangling during which country's Parliament, dominated by the central right government of Prime Minister Janez Jansa, rejected two candidates put forward by President Janez Drnovseki.
The governor of Slovenia's central bank
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations