In approving the appointments of Tim Besley and Andrew Sentance, the committee which comprises cross party MPs said it "may return to these topics at an appropriate time, which we expect to be in the course of 2007".
The appointment procedure has come under widespread criticism this year, including from governor Merv
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré